What You Need to Know Before Getting Your First Set of Lash Extensions
Get ready to bat those lashes, because lash extensions are taking the beauty world by storm! But before you book your appointment, it's important to know everything there is to know about this ultra-glamorous beauty trend. From the different types of lash extensions available to how to care for your new fluttery fringe, we've got all the tips and tricks you need in this must-read guide. So sit back, relax, and get ready for a crash course in all things lash extensions – trust us, your eyes (and Instagram feed) will thank you.
Introduction to Lash Extensions
If you're considering getting lash extensions, there are a few things you should know before making your appointment. Lash extensions are a great way to achieve long and luscious lashes without the use of falsies or mascara. However, they require some maintenance and there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure a successful experience.
Before getting lash extensions, you'll need to decide what type of lashes you want. There are several different types of lash extension materials available, each with its own set of pros and cons. You'll also need to choose the length and thickness of your desired lashes. Once you've determined what type of lash extensions you want, it's time to find a reputable technician. Do some research online or ask for recommendations from friends who have had lash extensions done.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will first have a consultation with your technician where they will go over any concerns or preferences you have. They should be able to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Once the application process begins the only thing you have to do is relax! The term "lash nap" didn't come from nowhere!
After your lash extensions are applied, avoid touching them or getting them wet for at least 24 hours. This will give the bonding agent time to cure and ensure that your lashes stay put. After this initial period, be gentle when cleaning your face and avoid rubbing your eyes too vigorously. With proper care, your lash extensions can last anywhere from 3-6 weeks before needing a fill.
Benefits of Lash Extensions
If you're considering lash extensions, you may be wondering what the benefits are. Some of the key benefits of lash extensions:
1. Lash extensions give you longer, fuller lashes.
2. Lash extensions can enhance your appearance and make you feel more confident.
3. Lash extensions can be a convenient way to save time on your beauty routine.
4. Lash extensions are available in a variety of colors, lengths, and thicknesses to suit your individual preferences.
5. Lash extensions can last for several weeks with proper care, meaning you don't have to worry about reapplying mascara or touch-ups as often.
6. At theOFFICE we use only the highest quality products to ensure maximum wear time for your lashes!
How Lash Extensions Are Applied
Lash extensions are applied by a technician using a tweezer-like tool to pick up and apply the extension to your natural lash. Your technician will help you decide which shape and type is best for you based on your natural lashes, eye shape, desired look, and lifestyle. The average full set of lash extensions takes between 1.5 and 2 hours to apply.
Different Types of Lash Extensions Available
The length of the lash extension will determine how dramatic the look is. For a more natural look, go for a shorter, classic or hybrid set of lashes. If you want a more glam look, opt for a longer, volume set.
Lash extensions can be applied in a single layer or in multiple layers to create different looks. They can also be applied to the top and bottom lashes for a more dramatic effect.
Finally, lash extensions come in a variety of colors. The most popular options are black and brown, but we offer a rainbow of colors that can add a pop to any set!
Aftercare and Maintenance for Lash Extensions
It's important to know how to take care of your lash extensions, and that starts with the aftercare. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
-Be gentle when cleaning your lashes. You will receive a mild cleanser and a soft brush in your after-kit to lightly cleanse your lashes each day. Be careful not to rub or tug at them too harshly.
-Avoid using oil-based products around your eyes, as this can break down the adhesive used to apply the lash extensions.
-Be cautious when using heated styling tools near your lashes, such as curlers or flat irons. Use the lowest setting possible and avoid direct contact with the extensions themselves.
With proper aftercare, your lash extensions can last for several weeks. But it's always best to consult with your lash technician for specific advice on how to care for your new lashes!
Pros/Cons of Lash Extensions
There are a lot of factors to consider before getting lash extensions, and one of the main considerations is whether the pros outweigh the cons. Here are some things to think about:
- Lash extensions give you longer, fuller lashes that accentuate your natural beauty.
- They are relatively low maintenance once they're applied - just brush them with your included lash comb and be careful when applying makeup and cleansers around your eyes.
- With proper care, they last for weeks, so you don't have to worry about reapplying mascara or falsies every day.
- You get the 'No Makeup" look and can wake up and go!
- Lash extensions can be expensive, especially if you need to get them done regularly to maintain the look. We highly recommend not going to a "budget friendly" lash studio, simply because you really do get what you pay for. At theOFFICE we only use the highest quality products, lashes, and are extensively trained and experienced, which our prices reflect. Know, however, you will be getting the quality you expect for what you pay.
- Lash extensions can be damaging to your natural lashes if they're not applied properly, thats why at theOFFICE we have had the most extensive training to ensure you are in the best hands.
- If you have any type of reaction to the adhesive or materials used, it could be very painful and cause swelling and irritation around your eyes. However, at theOFFICE we use all organic and hypoallergenic products to ensure your safety. If you have had a reaction in the past from a different lash artist, or have extremely sensitive skin, we recommend doing a patch test a week prior to your appointment.
Alternatives to Lash Extensions
There are a few alternatives to lash extensions that you may want to consider before making your final decision, and we are happy to assist you with these services as well! These include:
1. Lash tinting: This is a great way to darken your lashes and add definition without the need for extensions. Sometimes our lashes are full, just not dark enough to really POP. In this situation, lash tinting can be a great alternative to lash extensions.
2. Lash lift: This is a great alternative for straight lashes to look longer and give the "mascara" look without using and product!
3. False lashes: While time consuming and tedious, these are another temporary option that can give you the look of lash extensions without the commitment. Unfortunately these are pre made and not customized for your unique eyes, facial shape, and overall desired look like lash extensions are.
Lash extensions can be a great way to enhance the length and volume of your lashes, but it's important that you choose the lash studio with highly trained lash artists that only use the best products. We hope this blog has helped you arm yourself with all the right information so you understand what to expect before getting lash extensions, the different types, how to choose where to go, and alternatives. Have fun experimenting with different looks and don’t forget to take good care of your new lashes!